||1 Castle Yard Richmond Surrey TW10 26TF
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices, please contact email@example.com.
What information is collected by Foodtripper Limited and how does Foodtripper Limited use this information?
- By visiting our website you are under no obligation to provide any personal information to Foodtripper Limited. However, when you choose to register on-line as a Foodtripper subscriber we collect personal information about you. Your subscriber information and the transactions you undertake will help us personalise and continually improve your experience on our website and help us to improve our services. You will also enter personal information each time you book an activity, experience or service through the Foodtripper website.
- We receive and store certain types of personal information whenever you interact with us. We use the information you provide to respond to your requests, customise your experience on our website, improve our service and to communicate with you. You may choose not to provide certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
- For the purposes outlined in this section, we may request personal information from you, which may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other relevant personal information, as well as information related to your travel experiences, your lifestyle, your satisfaction with our services and any activities, experiences or services booked through us, your purchasing habits and other purchasing information.
- Our website allows you to contact us directly with questions or comments regarding our services, website, registration, surveys, contests, polls, emails. This process requires you to give certain personal information so that we may address your inquiry. And we may receive a confirmation when you open email from us if your computer supports such capabilities.
- We may conduct competitions or other promotions on our website, which if you choose to participate require personal information to be provided to qualify for participation in the competitions or promotions. This information is primarily used as a means to notify the winners but may also be used for the other purposes set out in this Policy.
- We may use personal information collected about you to contact you in relation to any promotion or transaction you have entered (e.g. to respond to your enquiries concerning a booking you have made on our website or to let you know if you have won a prize) and also to notify you of any goods, services, offers or promotions which we believe may be of interest to you.
- In an effort to continually improve our services, we reserve the right to use your personal information to conduct market research and on-line surveys. This may include contacting recent and/or past website visitors who have provided personal information to us.
- Our web servers may automatically monitor the number of visitors, the average time spent on the site, the popularity of our website, and any programming errors or failures on any of our websites in order to determine the effectiveness of the website. We also collect information about your preferences and frequency of travel by analysing site traffic including monitoring the external links you follow from our site. These details will help us to tailor the advertising on out website to products and services which we believe will be of interest to you.
- In addition, by becoming a subscriber you consent to receive e-mails and post concerning your membership. By ticking the ‘Please keep me updated by email or other electronic means with services and special offers’ box, you also consent to receive e-mails detailing our services and third party products or services that you may find interesting. If you tick the 'Please ask your selected preferred suppliers to keep me updated by email or other electronic means with special offers regarding food or wine products or services'] box, you consent to receive emails from specially selected third party suppliers about their food or wine-related products or services, including members of our group. Please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org] for a list of selected preferred suppliers.
- Your personal information will be retained by Foodtripper for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
How do I stop Foodtripper Limited from contacting me via e-mail and post in the future?
If you do not wish to receive any further communications from Foodtripper Limited, please tick the relevant box when entering your personal details or, if you subsequently decide you do not wish to receive further communications from us, please update your preferences on your member profile or email email@example.com to take yourself off our distribution list. If you ask to be removed from our distribution list, we will cease to contact you, but will retain your information for statistical and research purposes and to ensure that we do not contact you in the future against your wishes.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. However, switching off cookies may restrict your use of our website. [Will they be able to book experiences without cookies?] If you need help turning off cookies, please let us know at turn off firstname.lastname@example.org
Will Foodtripper share my information with anyone else?
As a general rule, we will only disclose your personal data to third parties where it is necessary to provide you with a requested service or to suppliers carefully selected by us whose products or services we believe will be of interest to you. We maintain a list of such carefully selected third parties which you can obtain by contacting [email@example.com]. They will only use your personal information to provide you with a requested service or for marketing purposes. You can adjust your membership preferences at any time if you prefer us not to share your details with third parties (see “How do I stop Foodtripper from contacting me via e-mail and post in the future?”).
We may also disclose and use personal information collected about you within our group of companies for the purpose of internal business administration and analysis. To obtain a list of the members of our group please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We may disclose personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies for their enforcement purposes or to successors in title to our business. Your information may be passed to suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf.
Some of these third parties may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area where the laws do not give the same level of protection for personal data as that within Europe.
How can I access and update the information you hold about me?
You may inform us at any time should your details change or you wish to delete personal information we hold about you. You have a right to access the personal data held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please e-mail personaldata@Foodtripper.com. We will respond to you within 40 days of receipt of the request and will charge you the statutory rate for this service which at present is £10.
How do I know that my information is secure?
Foodtripper employs appropriate technical security measures to protect your personal information and ensure that it is not accessed by unauthorised persons. [Information storage is on secure computers in a locked information centre and information is encrypted wherever possible. Our security procedures also provide that we may request proof of Identification before we will release personal information to you. We undergo periodic reviews of our security policies and procedures to ensure that Foodtripper systems are secure and protected.]
If paying by credit card, your card details are secure. Depending on the product or service you have ordered, your credit card payment will be processed [by high level encryption directly with the bank, in which case Foodtripper never handles the information, or else payment will be processed by the supplier of the product or service concerned]. In all cases, Foodtripper never retains, sells or shares your payment details with anyone other than the bank and the supplier concerned.
You should take care when making submissions, such as a restaurant review or an interactive question and answer, on any publicly-accessible place on our website. Any personal information you voluntarily disclose in a public area about you or anybody else might be collected and used by others. You do so at your own risk. We do not control the actions of visitors or members in this respect. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and should be careful when disclosing personal information online.
Internet –based transfers
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this web site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Last updated April 2009